Friday, April 26, 2013

The Nepalesak Chronicle - Public Education and the Environment - Emily Hammond


I chose to create a newspaper. It is set in the present dated April 15, 2013 but in a fake place. It is supposed to be somewhere in the more eastern United States due to some of the references made in the articles. I decided to do this project this way because I wanted to explore more about how environmental laws could be implemented in a real newspaper and to find ways that the law can affect a person in just a small regular everyday town. I kept everything in the newspaper very environmentally oriented, even the title of the newspaper was environmental law: Nepalesak = NEPA + L + ESA +K.

If the public knew more about what efforts were begin made to help protect the environment, I think a good number of those who knew would join the effort. That is why I wrote an article about children learning about Earth Day because that is a big source of knowledge and involvement when it comes to improving the environment.






No comments:

Post a Comment