Friday, April 29, 2011

David Law

"I thought that something important for a blog is content that is interactive. I am a communications major and I think that one of the best ways to learn and keep an audience interested on the Internet is by giving them the opportunity to explore. That is why I came up with a quiz as a media element that could engage the audience and also teach at the same time."

"At first, I didn’t know what the best subject to give a quiz on would be. I eventually came up with something I thought would hit home for the average person. I came up with a set of questions about common activities that cause pollution. These were things like what to do with left over oil, how to use pesticides, and how to dispose of paint. I think that everyone comes across these activities during some part of their life and often times they don’t know how to tackle them. This quiz gave some scenarios and asked how the person might act in these situations."

"The quiz is set up as a multiple choice quiz. After each question, the answer is displayed along with the reason that was the best answer to the scenario. This is the part that gets the teaching across. The scenarios and questions all have an element of humor in them to keep it interesting. It is also short so as to avoid fatigue."

No comments:

Post a Comment